Spring is in the air! As are spring events in Seattle. Here is a little list for you!
- Seattle Bike-n-Brews on 5/1 along the Duwamish & Green River trails: pick the 15 or 35 mile bike route and finish up at Schooner Exact for a delicious brew
- Taco Libre Truck Showdown on 5/1 in Fremont: choose from over 40 food trucks and booths serving up taco inspired dishes and sip on beer or margaritas from the booze garden
- May Day Celebration on 5/1 in Woodland Park: celebrate spring by dancing around and weaving the May Pole and enjoying a pot luck
- Bacon and Beer Classic on 5/7 at Safeco Field: try over 50 bacon-infused dishes, choose from over 100 craft beers and ciders to sip, play games and join in the contests
- Opening Day of Boating Season/Windermere Cup on 5/7: start the day watching the incredible Windermere Cup crew race and follow that up with the Opening Day Boat Parade (photo of Opening Day of Boating Season)
- Ballard Jazz Festival from 5/11 to 5/14: enjoy jazz performances from one of the 20+ participating ensembles at one of the ten venues
- Seattle Beer Week from 5/12 to 5/22: drink beer at a number of locations around Seattle as part of the events going on for the annual citywide celebration of beer
- Seattle Maritime Festival Harbor Open House on 5/14 at Pier 66: check out the harbor tours, Waterfront Chowder Cook-Off, vessel open house and other kid friendly activities
- 17th of May Festival on 5/17 in Ballard: celebrate Norway’s Constitution Day with kid’s activities, a luncheon, traditional dancing and music and a parade
- Seattle International Film Festival from 5/19 to 6/12: watch one or hundreds of the over 400 films from 90 countries that will be showing for SIFF
- University District Streetfair from 5/21 to 5/22: hit up the longest running street fair in the US and enjoy the best in local arts, crafts, music and food
- Northwest Folklife Festival from 5/27 to 5/30 at Seattle Center: hop over to the festival to celebrate the music, dance, stories, and art of the people of the Pacific Northwest
Let’s get out there and have fun in May!