This week (or 10 days) is Washington Cider Week! It will span from September 8th through the 18th. The NW Cider Association describes the event as, “A 10 day bevy of beverages from the simple to the significant; from dinner pairing menus, tap take overs, a cider can cornhole tournament, new snakebite (cider and beer combos) recipes, and much more”.
What is going on for cider week you ask? Here is a few of the events taking place! For the full list click here.
- Seattle Cider Summit is Sept 9-10 and will be in South Lake Union on the Discovery Center Lawn
- 150 ciders will be poured!
- Food offerings
- Finnriver Flight Night is on Sept 8 at The Beer Junction in West Seattle
- Enjoy a 5 cider tasting flight from Finnriver
- Cider Fete is on Sept 11 at Bottlehouse in Madrona
- Sample new brews or old standby ciders in the backyard garden
- Live music
- An oyster bar
- Schilling Cider Night at Flatstick Pub is on Sept 13 in Pioneer Square
- Meet the team from Schilling Cider and sip on their delicious ciders while playing putt putt
- 2 Towns Promo at Canterbury is on Sept 15 in Capitol Hill
- Join 2 Towns and try a handful of their cider offerings
- Portland Cider Co “Snakebites and Cider” is on Sept 17 at Die Bierstube in Roosevelt
- Try two seasonal release ciders, 2-3 flagship ciders and custom snakebites (cider and beer blends)
These events are just the top of the iceberg in terms of the number of fun and cider-heavy events going on around town. Get out there and do some cider sampling!